Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sold RCTFF $.115 -- Bought HMY $12.58

*
Yesterday I made a single sale and a single purchase.
*
Click on either chart to ENLARGE
*
This first daily chart is my sale of Rochester Resources Ltd Ordina (RCTFF) at $.115 for a very small gain.  This is, yet again, an excellent example of exercising discipline while letting the secular bull correct my timing mistake.  I bought this position nearly 3 months ago and it has been under water nearly the entire time.  Call the entry for what it was, 'a timing mistake'.  But I simply held the position until I could let the bull bring price back to my entry price, rather than sell it at a loss.  
*
This second daily chart is my purchase of Harmony Gold Mining Co (HMY) at $12.58.  I liked the True Strength Index (TSI) indicators bullish ZERO crossover and trend line break and particularly wanted to own this stock based on its long term price breakout, low book value ratio and comparatively high estimated earnings for 2011.
*
My TSI Trading record has been updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment